Silx Employability Project was created specifically to meet the needs of hard to reach and marginalised young people aged 16 -25 living in the Blyth area.
The drop in is open:
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 12-3pm
Young people who are not in employment, education, or training are encouraged to use our employability sessions in order to access support on any issue of employability or to access support and advice on personal issues that may be a barrier to progressing in life.
Our qualified youth workers and dedicated information, advice and guidance worker provide young people with the necessary support that will encourage them to access employment, participate in training or undertake a qualification. We also offer:
- Free use of telephone, laptops, & printers
- Support in creating and updating CVs and covering letters
- Help completing application forms
- Interview preparation
- Free Online courses and accreditations funded by the organisation
- A jobs board with all the latest training and employment opportunities
- Support on benefits, debt,housing, health and personal issues
- Free cups of tea, coffee, fruit and toasties
- Refer to other organisations
- Support with Travel and clothing
- Individual, bespoke action plans suited to each individual we work with
Additionally the project works in partnership with careers advisors, training providers, Housing organisations and the job centre and their support is available when required. We also operate an outreach programme during the day that reaches out and encourages young people to utilise the free facilities.
Our Online courses are very popular, we have helped hundreds of young people gain accreditations in a number of subject including:
Working at Heights
Health & Safety in the workplace and many more…..
For all the latest Employability & Training news visit our Silx Employability & Training Facebook page.
If you are a Service Provider, we have further information in our guide here: https://www.silxteen.com/download/employability-project-guide-for-service-providers/